Below is a shortlist overview of every sports trading tool listed on the website and the edge it will provide you with. These include Software, Football and Horse Racing Tools. They have been sorted into sports and defined categories just like they have in our menu, for example, Football – Pre-Match.
If you are not familiar with sports trading and have stumbled upon this page then give read the Beginner’s Guide: Sports Trading on Betfair for more information on the topic.
Alternatively use the sign-up form on the right hand side of this page to get our free email course – ‘Sports Trading: 8 Steps to Discovering Your Edge‘.
Category: Pre-Race Courses
- Tool: Mug’s Game Horse Racing Workshop
- What Is It? A one-day course with a professional Betfair trader teaching you the dynamics of the Betfair pre-race horse racing markets. Steve teaches attendees one tried and tested strategy that works time and time again.
The Edge It Provides: Attending Mug’s Game’s Pre-Race Horse Racing Workshop will provide newcomers with the head start they need when first tackling the horse racing markets on Betfair. The strategy explained on the course, combined with the takeaway video content, will undoubtedly provide a sound base to go into your trading sessions with confidence of being able to end the day with a profit.
- Tool: RacingTrader’s Sports Trading Masterclass
- What Is It? A one-day course held by Tony Hargraves in various venues around the UK and Australia. The Masterclass is all about what you need to get involved in trading, the type of mindset and mentality you need and a ‘warts and all’ insight into both the good and bad.
The Edge It Provides: This course is perfect if you’re new to sports trading or are looking to find out what sports trading can offer and how to set about getting involved in sports trading. What it isn’t is a day of methodology and defined strategies that you can walk out the door with. Lots and lots of methodologies are covered during the day but with the emphasis that these need to be taken away and practiced in line with all the other information covered.
- Tool: Bet Angel Horse Racing Workshop
- What Is It? The Bet Angel Horse Racing Workshop is a one day course held at the Bet Angel headquarters in Hook, Southampton that offers novice sports traders the chance to learn from professionals about key aspects of the Horse Racing markets.
The Edge It Provides: If you’re completely new to sports trading on Betfair then this course probably isn’t for you. However, if you’ve been attempting to trade horse racing (specifically pre-race) then this is an excellent course for learning out how the professionals truly tackle the markets.
- Tool: Peter Webb’s Trading Masterclass
- What Is It? A one-day course with a professional Betfair trader teaching you the dynamics of the Betfair markets. The course covers a range of sports and you have your chance to ask Peter Webb, owner of Bet Angel, about anything to do with how a professional profits from the markets.
The Edge It Provides: If you’re completely new to sports trading on Betfair then this course probably isn’t for you. However, if you’ve trading for a while now and are on the edge of profiting consistently and wants to learn how to take it to the next level then you may benefit from the Trading Masterclass.
Category: Online Learning Resources
- Tool: Caan Berry’s Advanced Video Pack
- What Is It? A video pack on Pre-Race trading containing 22 Modules, 96 Videos and 11 Trading Checklists
The Edge It Provides: Caan Berry’s Advanced Video Pack is the perfect starting point for any novice-intermediate trader who has completed the beginner stages of the learning process and is looking to move onto the next level. Content included is tailored towards this level of trader and is comprehensive and extensive in its delivery.
- Tool: Caan Berry’s Pre-Race Trading Guide
- What Is It? A 55-page guide covering everything from market dynamics, signals, market participants and executing trades
The Edge It Provides: Written by an experienced Betfair professional, Caan Berry’s Pre-Race Trading Guide will provide the perfect head-start for beginners to pre-off Horse Racing trading by giving them the essential knowledge needed to begin their journey.
- Tool: Betfair Trading Community
- What Is It? An online community aiming to take aspiring traders and take them through the vitally important first steps of their journey.
The Edge It Provides: The Betfair Trading Community is specifically tailored for those who are new to trading sports on Betfair. If you are just beginning out on your journey and are not sure which sport best suits you then BTC is a great place to start. The community is thriving with a mix of full-time traders and traders who are still learning the game. As an aspiring trader, it will help you develop your edge in earnest.
- Tool: The Pre-Match Trading Tool
- What Is It? The Pre-Match Trading tool software continually scans the Betfair pre-match football markets and indicates price misalignments that any trader can take advantage of with very little risk to their trading bank
The Edge It Provides: The Pre-Match Trading tool is perfect for those wanting to dip their toes into low-risk football trading (where there’s no chance of a goal ruining your position!) The software’s accuracy proves a great indicator and gives traders an opportunity to nip in and out numerous times and take their profit before the game has even kicked off.
- Tool: The Draw Inflation Tool (July 2017 Update: The tool now is no longer sold separately, but comes free as standard with the Pre-Match Trading Tool or the In-Play Scanner)
- What Is It? Draw Inflation is a software tool that spots when the pre-match price of the Draw in football Match Odds markets is either overpriced or underpriced.
The Edge It Provides: Draw Inflation does all the hard work for you in spotting when the pre-match price of the draw is too high or too low. All you have to do is act on the information and scalp out as many ticks as the market allows. It is a great introduction for anyone new to pre-match trading due to how easy it is to get to grips with.
Category: Statistics and In-Play
- Tool: In-Play Scanner
- What Is It? An amazing all-in-one scanner that provides a visual representation and the match statistics of all live football games currently in-play on Betfair.
The Edge It Provides: The In-Play Football Scanner is an excellent addition to any in-play trader’s trading arsenal. It is a dream tool to use due to its ease-of-use and providing you a one-look overview of all the current in-play games. It will give you a significant edge in your trading by giving you instant access to the most important stats allowing you to cherry pick only the best in-play trading opportunities.
- Tool: Football Form Labs (Use code ‘STTPROMO’ for 10% off)
- What Is It? A football statistics software that utilises algorithms to analyse both historical and recent data to present the best opportunities to its users
The Edge It Provides: Football Form Labs is for any football trader or bettor who uses their own strategies and wants the hard work of the data accumulation and analysis for 50 leagues across the world done for them. It is an excellent algorithmic tool which will undoubtedly give you a significant edge whether that’s over the rest of the Betfair market or the bookmakers themselves.
- Tool: Geeks Toy
- Mac/PC: PC Only
- What Is It? A Betfair trading software that offers style and substance with its near unlimited range of customisation options alongside a couple of standout unique features.
The Edge It Provides: Geeks Toy is an incredible piece of software that is reliable and fully customisable whilst also being one of the cheapest on the market. It is a perfect place to start for anyone wishing to take their sports trading seriously through using dedicated software.
- Tool: Bet Angel Professional
- PC/Mac: Natively, only on PC, but can be used through third party software such as Parallels
- What Is It? A market-leading Betfair trading software. It is the most feature-packed on the market.
The Edge It Provides: Bet Angel Professional may be the priciest Betfair trading software on the market but it is justified given the extra unique features it offers over its rivals such as Automation, Excel Integration and the specialised Tennis Trader. If you want to take your trading to a professional level then Bet Angel will provide you with a significant edge in your sports trading.
- Tool: BetTrader
- PC/Mac: Both
- What Is It? A Betfair Trading Software that works seamlessly on both Mac and PC.
The Edge It Provides: A software that is perfect for beginners to sports trading due to its low cost and ease of use. Perfect for anyone who is looking for a software that works on Mac and PC straight out of the box.
That’s it! Those are the top tools that we have listed on the website. My best advice to you is to check them out, investigate them further and see which one you think will fit you best. However, don’t expect they’re work miracles and make you into a profitable trader overnight. Test the tools for 6+ months and you will begin to see the results.