Last month (Sept 2017) I made the decision that I needed to write a new Sports Trading Email Course for the website and replace the original version – despite only having launched the previous course when STT started in August 2017. Some of you may be wondering why I’ve done this, so I wanted to give my reasoning and also let you in on some details of the course and the cracking competition I’ve launched it with!
If you want to go ahead straight to the sign-up page for the course and find out more about the competition, you can do so by clicking here. (Competition closes 9pm BST Wednesday 25th of October 2017)
The New Email Course – ‘Sports Trading for Beginners’
First, let’s start with an overview of the new course.
‘Sports Trading for Beginners’ takes the subscriber on a 12 Lesson journey of life as beginner sports trader. It follows from my own frustrating first year experience in which I wasted too much time, energy and money because the year I spent learning had absolutely no direction.
This course is not a ‘How to Trade Betfair’ course because I am not a professional sports trader and have never claimed to be (although it is one of my personal goals to reach that level someday!)
However, the key reason I set up this site was for it to be a one-stop hub for aspiring traders to find their feet in sports trading as quickly as possible. If I can be of benefit to these people by sharing knowledge from my own, and other newbies, sports trading learning experiences then that’s part of the goal achieved.
So, more about the actual content of the course. As you can see below, these are the 12 lessons included in the email course:
- Preview: Top tips when starting out – such as not setting financial goals and also limiting stake sizes
- Lesson 1: Information about sports trading, what it is and how it works
- Lesson 2: The best places to begin
- Lesson 3: What computer setups are needed to trade (Covering both Windows and Mac)
- Lesson 4: An Overview of Betfair Trading Software
- Lesson 5: An Overview of One Day Trading Courses
- Lesson 6: What a trading ‘edge’ is and how to start on the path to defining your own
- Lesson 7: Bankrolling your trading (money management) and the use of practice mode
- Lesson 8: How to choose which sport to trade
- Lesson 9: An overview of the best resources for Pre-Race Horse Racing Trading
- Lesson 10: Football Trading
- Lesson 11: Common mistakes new traders make and how to avoid them (planning ahead and seeing which obstacles 99% of new traders need to overcome)
- Lesson 12: Setting expectations for your journey
- Further Lessons: After the initial 12 Lessons I’ll be sharing more knowledge in the form of blogs, tips and other information I’ve found along the way of my journey
Throughout the course, I’ve also sourced some exclusive discounts for the best tools around. I wanted to do this to help new traders get their hands on what are generally regarded as the best learning resources.
This’ll help them save a few quid when starting out as we all know tools and learning resources can be a bit of an expense. But hey, you need to invest a little bit if you’re going to learn, right?
These discounts are only to be found in the Email Course and aren’t even on this website – so if you want to get your hands on them you can sign-up to the course via the competition page.
Why a New Course So Early On?
Quite simply the course I had on here at launch (Sports Trading: 8 Steps to Discovering Yoru Edge’) wasn’t good enough. It had no direction and pretty much was just a scattergun of emails that I thought some people might find useful. When I read back on them I had to
When I read back on them I had to ask myself “If I was someone completely new to trading, would this information help me?” and to be honest, it wouldn’t. It would have made the whole process more confusing.
So with this new course I wanted to do a few things:
- Add more basic information such as the advantages of trading over betting, trading setups and how Betfair trading software works,
- Give the course a sense of direction. This included 1) providing a starting base anyone could get started with, 2) showing them a path to find out what style of trading or sports suited them and 3) giving them a platform for going forward
- Provide information on only the finest tools and learning resources around
- Give exclusive discounts so people can save that little bit when investing their hard earned money into learning resources and tools
I think i’ve achieved these things with this course, but i’m always happy for suggestions as to how I could improve it. If you have an idea, contact me through this page.
To launch this new course i’ve set up a cracking competition with over £500’s worth of sports trading prizes. Anyone can enter and you’re more than welcome to do so – get your name in the hat by clicking here. The competition ends on Wednesday 25th of October 2017 and 2 winners will be chosen.
These are the prizes on offer:
(I’d like to thank @101Trader on Twitter, who, in a very generous random act of kindness, donated a lot of the books that are in the competition – there are some absolute corkers in there. So here’s a shout out to him for being so very kind to donate them to me for use in promoting the website!)
So that’s it, guys! If you have any questions about the course or the competition then feel free to get in touch with me via Twitter. I hope you enjoy the course when you sign-up to it!