Caan Berry’s Pre-Race Trading Guide is designed for anyone new to trading to gain an insight from a professional into how and why the horse racing markets behave like they do. The guide covers the main topics that anyone new to trading Horse Racing needs to know before they delve into the markets. I purchased it a number of weeks after I had started and it was a complete eye opener. There were so many things I hadn’t considered.
Who is Caan Berry?
Caan Berry has been a professional sports trader on Betfair since 2011. Many newcomers to trading find him instantly relatable to due to his initial struggles in finding consistency in his pre-race Horse Racing trading which are well documented on his blog. He’s very active on Social Media as he often replies to questions to newcomers to sports trading.
Caan has even featured in Betfair’s #BetfairTraders campaign which was run in 2014. You can see one of his videos from the campaign below.
What Do I Get In Caan Berry’s Pre-Race Trading Guide?
- Caan Berry’s Pre-Race Trading Guide (118 pages)
This is not a guide that will transform you from novice sports trader to professional after you’ve read it a few times. What it will do, though, is give novice traders an excellent starting point by providing all the essential information that traders need to know regarding trading the Betfair Horse Racing markets pre-off. It is logical in its layout and thorough in its explanations.
I found it one of the best learning resources when I began my trading journey. I only wish I had of found it at the very start to save me from wasted time and energy scouring the internet for the information contained in it.
What Are the Contents of Caan Berry’s Pre-Race Trading Guide?
- Caan’s Trading Set Up What Hardware He Uses and What He Displays on Each Screen
- Market Participants Who Is Involved in the Horse Racing Markets and What Is Their Agenda
- The Dynamics of the Market How the Overround and Cross Matching affects price movement
- External Market Influences What Influences the Market Participants and How These Create Moves within the Market
- Resistance Points Within the Market What is a Natural Resistance Point and What Prices Are They At?
- The 3 Key Market Situations That Caan Pays Attention to Time, Race Type, Price Range
- Signals, Tools and How to Use Them How Caan Uses the Tools and Signals Contained Within the Geeks Toy Software
- The Psychology of a Trader Mentality, Discipline and Staking
- How to Read a Market How to Read Each Race and How It Is Likely to Behave
- Executing Trades Swing Trading, Scalping and Using a Combination of Both. Opening a Trade, Closing a Trade and Having a Plan of Action.
- Early Trades Getting on Trades from the Morning Time
- Example Situations Executing Trades and Early Trades
- Trading Checklist Ensure You’re Prepared for the Day’s Racing Ahead
As you can see there is a lot of content contained within that you may not have even think about when beginning your trading journey – but a lot of this information is essential knowledge if you are to make a success of trading the markets.
Personally, for me, the biggest piece of knowledge I took away from the guide was about the market participants – I never realised just how many different types of groups of people were in the market and what their motives were. When I started out trading I just assumed everyone using the Betfair Exchange was a trader! Oh, how unaware I was!
Caan Berry’s Pre-Race Trading Guide 2017 Update
In October 2017 Caan released a huge new update to the Pre-Race Trading Guide. The guide now has an extra 60 pages of valuable content. Click here to find out more about the update.
Written by an experienced Betfair professional, Caan Berry’s Pre-Race Trading Guide will provide the perfect head-start for beginners to pre-off Horse Racing trading by giving you the essential, basic knowledge needed to prepare yourself for trading them.
How long is the book?
55 pages when I purchased it in August 2016. Now upgraded to 118 pages! (October 2017)
Can I trust Caan Berry knows what he is talking about?
Yes, Caan has been a professional sports trader for many years and has even been featured in Betfair adverts to promote their betting exchange. He is about as trustworthy as they come!